Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    This looks great. Nice and crisp imo
    +1

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had mine wired with my rear parking lights so that when I turned the lights on one click to parking lights, they would remain on. The rings would shut off when the light switch is back to 0. After researching wiring to the front parking lights, I realized that the circuit gave pulse currents which may cause flickering and one or more of the rings not to light up.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    I had mine wired with my rear parking lights so that when I turned the lights on one click to parking lights, they would remain on. The rings would shut off when the light switch is back to 0. After researching wiring to the front parking lights, I realized that the circuit gave pulse currents which may cause flickering and one or more of the rings not to light up.

What color wire is the rear light wire Jay? This is the way to go if you dont want to recode for city lights.

The cleanest way to do this is to wire to the LCM city light pins and activate city lights via NCSexpert.

I believe it was a grey wire with purple stripe on it. I'm not entirely sure which wire I tapped, but it was forsure a wire that led to the rear of the car ( I tapped it under the dash). See maybe http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=481993 post #23 in which someone mentions the license plate bulbs which are 12V?

I wired them in 2011 so it's been quite a while.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Funny how Terra is in that conversation and I remember this thread awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    If you're willing to get your LCM recoded to euro-specs, the cleanest way would be to: Wire drive side AEs to pin 45 on the LCM, and wire the passenger side to pin 44. Those are the pins used for the european parking lights (city lights). They receive a full 12V and don't blink with the turn signals. Unfortunately those pins aren't active unless the LCM is recoded to euro specs.

Angel Eye Wiring Idea

I saved these pics a while back and titled them "where to tap harness for AEs". I can't tell if they come from the linked thread as many pics are blocked behind my work firewall.

I believe it came from this thread: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...hlight=parking

Another helpful thread: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...hlight=parking

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ELCID86; 11-26-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: link added

Shawn,

Umnitza sells a wiring harness that includes the fade on/off and remote. I believe its included in some packages. Save you the trouble of doing it if you wish.

http://www.umnitza.com/wiring-harnes...es-p-1230.html

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Shawn,

Umnitza sells a wiring harness that includes the fade on/off and remote. I believe its included in some packages. Save you the trouble of doing it if you wish.

http://www.umnitza.com/wiring-harnes...es-p-1230.html
    Thanks I think we'll try the standard parking light config for now.

Quote Originally Posted by baz11 View Post
    I just called in hoping to get a set of the V2 @4300k. Instead I got talked into the V2.5s at 6000k (was told they are out of 4300k). I figure if I don't like the 6000k (i probably won't), I'll put them up on the marketplace for a trade for 4300k. Whichever I get I will probably dim them.
    Got my v2.5's in yesterday (fast shipping!), and started installing them today in between thanksgiving festivities… the 6k grow on you, and I think i will be keeping them as is. I'm going to wire in a dimmer tomorrow and then will post pics and a review so I can stop hi-jacking this thread. Long term I'm planning on integrating rear fog switch on a euro LCM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast