Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 637 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 13753758762763563663763863964768773711371637 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 26154
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    All I'm saying is that the accountants got involved on the e46, and combined with the fact that engineers aren't perfect, there are places on an otherwise perfect car that aren't perfect. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    BMW engineering was NEVER perfect. The front suspension geometry on the E21 is the perfect example. Supposedly all the engineers that designed that suspension were promptly fired before they could design another car

Also, the "Ultimate Driving Machine" refers to one car in particular and only later was used as a marketing term by the sales staff

This is the said car(s) that earned that moniker:

I'm selling my GAS ET cap, in bright anodized red! Make an offer. I had it on the car for about 2,000 miles and put the previous Myele back because the GAS version would hit the heat shield of my aFe intake.

I did have to top off coolant both before and after using the GAS ET cap. I believe this was due to fitment problems with my Myele ET and later--after putting in a genuine BMW ET--the Myele ET cap. I recently put in a genuine BMW ET cap so we'll see if that stops the slow leak or if it's the base plate on which the ET sits.

Before I purchased my GAS ET Cap I did a lot of research on this subject and apparently the E39 Caps are rated close to the same psi rating as the GAS ET Caps. So if you want to go this route these can be picked up for around $22.

I upgraded my water pump to the Stewart when I did my entire cooling system. Installed the GAS ET Cap and did the Mechanical Fan delete mod. I'm using the UltraGauge to monitor the cooling temps which has a audible alarm in case the temps get too high.

This photo is from Amazon

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Thanks! I'm interested in the cap. Also considering the fan mod.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Took the ///M out for a little ride this Christmas day before taking on my next big project. It felt really good to run the ///M out on the highway this morning It's been sitting patiently in the garage for the past 3 weeks now....

Getting my car back today!! Super pumped to drive her.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Pulled intake and replaced both hard pipes for the cooling system as one had shot o-rings. Knocked out oil seperator and hoses as well. Feels good to let go of the paranoia I had driving knowing I was seeping coolant at an alarming rate. Not a pleasant job...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Getting my car back today!! Super pumped to drive her.

Sent from my GS3.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmckinley81 View Post
    Pulled intake and replaced both hard pipes for the cooling system as one had shot o-rings. Knocked out oil seperator and hoses as well. Feels good to let go of the paranoia I had driving knowing I was seeping coolant at an alarming rate. Not a pleasant job...

Nice work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Rmckinley81 View Post

Nice! How long did it take you to pull the intake? My record is one hour having done it previously...so all the zipties were cut.

And yes KG, that mailbox was $2600 worth of damage and maintenance. Had to be done...some shit was unnecessary though. Oh well. Looking forward to driving her

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    And yes KG, that mailbox was $2600 worth of damage and maintenance. Had to be done...some shit was unnecessary though. Oh well. Looking forward to driving her

Sent from my GS3.
    No sense looking back. She's all squared away and ready to tear up some pavement-- that's all that matters!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 637 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 13753758762763563663763863964768773711371637 ... LastLast