Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Charlie is on the money with it.

There is even a clear clown nose one but I'm not sure which model comes with that and the red blinking light. The active 1 series has a blue led with a clear clown nose FYI.

I also noticed the older ones would turn more blue with the electrochromatic fluid where as the newer ones is more of a green-ish hue. Thats my opinion anyways.

OP,

Auto-dimming mirrors come in premium packages. I dont have premium and do not have an auto-dimming mirror.

The sensor on the windshield is actually rain sensor and is for the automatic headlights/wipers. The autodim mirror has a photoresistive diode on both sides of the mirror and it must do some comparison of resistance between the two sides to determine when to dim the mirror.

I have an auto-dimming mirror, with the SOS (BMW Assist) function built in, but it also has Homelink built in, which was only on convertible mirrors from the factory. Bought it off Ebay with a bubble, meaning it needed to have the auto-dimming fixed.. $99 later from radar-mirror.com, and it's good as new.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

What came with my car is the auto dimming mirror with home link. I like the big red clown nose blinking as it appears to lesser knowledgable people as a car alarm sensor, especially at night.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Dave,

You can retrofit a different autodim mirror that has the reduced profile clown nose....this is what I did for my ZHP. I ended up getting an E90 reduced profile clown nose homelink compass autodim mirror from ebay...and got everything to function
    Hey, that is slick. I'll have to look into it. I don't have homelink with mine. That would be a nice function to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Hey, that is slick. I'll have to look into it. I don't have homelink with mine. That would be a nice function to add.
    Dave, my ZHP did not come with any autodim mirror. Mine was the manual twist type mirror so with knowledge, you can pretty much retrofit anything into our cars

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    Anyone have this on their ZHP. Was it part of some package? How was it listed on the build sheet?

Our E46 touring has the auto dimming. The ZHP has a manual mirror. The way to identify the auto dimming mirror is the clown nose is fixed and there is a small area in the top center of the mirror for the light sensor.

Curious minds want to know.

t.
    As others have noted, the auto-dimming mirror is part of the Premium Package (and could not be optioned separately).

However, the clown nose has nothing to do with the auto-dimming mirror. Neither of my E46's had the auto-dimming mirror, but both had the clown nose.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

With the manual mirror, you twist the clown nose to go between day and night mode. In both cases, manual and autodim, the clown nose is used to flash when the alarm is active.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Yup. That clown nose is just an alarm beeper. In a manual mirror, it also functions has the twist to get the night mode reflection vs the day reflection. Fascinating how the day mirror is a highly reflective one and the night one is less reflective.

On my 330ci, I don't have an auto-dim mirror or homelink in my car. If i got one of the E90 mirrors with both of these features, could I get them to work?
    Livin life in the driver's seat ///M

My clown nose is coded to blink but I don't have the alarm.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast