Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LKM recoding

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Thanks guys. That info right there just convinced me to keep it on 2 lights. az3579 did you ever find a FA code for the rear fog in your research? I have scoured the net with no luck other than $5AAA.

Attachment 29022
    I never bothered looking for one because the options were all right there, all I had to do was enable them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I figure I should throw this into the mix on this thread:

I coded my car to EV51 (Euro) and compared it to EV53 (US) for the LCM.

Euro Left, USDM Right

https://www.diffchecker.com/0AVLNhxs

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Thanks guys. That info right there just convinced me to keep it on 2 lights. az3579 did you ever find a FA code for the rear fog in your research? I have scoured the net with no luck other than $5AAA.

Attachment 29022
    Technically, I believe you have to code the car to EV51 for the LCM. I posted the comparision of the LCM settings above.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Technically, I believe you have to code the car to EV51 for the LCM. I posted the comparision of the LCM settings above.
    As a requirement for what? If you mean to add to FA, then perhaps. You don't have to code to EV51 just to get the option though - that exists even with EV53.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    As a requirement for what? If you mean to add to FA, then perhaps. You don't have to code to EV51 just to get the option though - that exists even with EV53.
    Guy wanted to code it as an FA, so I believe rear fog parameters are precoded in EV51 w/ FA. I agree with you though, EV53 has all the parameters and can be manually set up without the FA change.

No worries, rear fog system is working fine. I just wanted to add the listed option in my vehicle order list. I did the same thing when I coded the rain light sensor for auto headlights and wipers. All these systems worked fine as they should without it being in the vehicle order. I just add the FA code to keep my directory clean. I did however need to add FA $313 in my system to gain access to the door modules for the auto folding mirrors on key fob lock/unlock. It is nothing more than my OCD really...

It's not a good idea to change from *EV53 to *EV51 because there's a lot of parameters that are different between US and Euro models that you wouldn't want to change. And since rear fogs were never an option for US cars, there's no rear fog option code.

Wow! The legend lives! Nice to meet you TerraPhantm, thank you for the information on the rear fog FA. You have been so instrumental on all my coding I have done over the last few months. All your BFD, triple blink, double impulse hazards, folding mirrors, rear fog, RLS retrofit, etc. have all been successful for me reading your posts. I just want to give a huge thank you. I do have one question if you don't mind. I read you can change the triple blink to maybe 4 or 5 blinks. What is required to make that change, SW4.5? It is a little short for lane changes. Again, if you are ever down in the Carolinas or show up at a race circuit at an event I am at, I owe you. Thanks again and great to finally catch up with you.

Basically, open up the LSZ.C36 (if 4.0) or LSZ.C37 (4.5) file with NCS Dummy without loading any FSW_PSW files, go down to cycle_ti_blk, right click it, and click "add parameter". Name it whatever you want, and under data put the number of blinks you want (maximum is 7). Then click on module -> update module.

You should be able to use that new parameter when coding the LSZ now.

Funfmal - quintuple it is, thanks brother. Your stock just went up AGAIN, it worked perfectly! Can't tell you how much I appreciate your knowledge.
    I have a business programming racing engine controls and data acquisition systems, mostly MoTeC and are all CAN based. Let me know if you still want to figure out the CAN addresses and offsets for the shift light signal to the M3 clusters if you haven't done that already. I use a Peak P-CAN sniffer if you ever need it just ask! Thanks again!

Name:  imsa_29011763_980.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  64.7 KB

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast