Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The competition will be the only M2 available... Comes with a hefty price increase. Might backfire on BMW as they push it out of the price range of potential buyers of the current M2
    Ironically the reason they are now using the s55 is emissions.

As Jeremy Clarkson says- “speed and power solves many things”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Yep there was an article on Jalopnik about that... Good reading
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I feel an anniversary edition coming

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    hey, it works, though - people buy them!

(i'd buy one too if i could afford it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    You forgot the M240i lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The competition will be the only M2 available... Comes with a hefty price increase. Might backfire on BMW as they push it out of the price range of potential buyers of the current M2
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Ironically the reason they are now using the s55 is emissions.

As Jeremy Clarkson says- “speed and power solves many things”

I forgot about the MY2016 M2 Performance Edition, MY2018 Black Shadow Edition as well!

The M2 Competition increase in price isn't actually that bad considering the upgraded brakes, "upgraded" seats, S55 motor, and upgraded cooling.

Vorshlag Camber kits are in. I'm now patiently waiting on a sale for the rest of the parts..

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I forgot about the MY2016 M2 Performance Edition, MY2018 Black Shadow Edition as well!

The M2 Competition increase in price isn't actually that bad considering the upgraded brakes, "upgraded" seats, S55 motor, and upgraded cooling.
    man as beautiful as it is.. i could never buy one of these new BMWs, every year they are leap frogged. this new M2 Comp will just be replaced with something much better next year and then you are no longer driving the latest and greatest. it used to be you could get a few years out of your purchase of feeling great but now a days you barely get a year and then you are bottom of the barrel to the next version. (i'm obviously being overly dramatic but you get my point)
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    man as beautiful as it is.. i could never buy one of these new BMWs, every year they are leap frogged. this new M2 Comp will just be replaced with something much better next year and then you are no longer driving the latest and greatest. it used to be you could get a few years out of your purchase of feeling great but now a days you barely get a year and then you are bottom of the barrel to the next version. (i'm obviously being overly dramatic but you get my point)

You aren't wrong though about the M2.

Supposedly an M2 CSL is coming as well.

That brings the models to:

M2
    M2 Performance Edition
    M2 Black Shadow Edition
    M2 LCI
    M2 Competition
    M2 CSL????

All in a span of 2016-2019 so far, maybe 2021 for CSL? who knows. They will throw another edition in there somewhere.

E9x Ms also had the same problem with "special editions."

M3
    M3 LCI (E90:09-11,E92:11-13)
    M3 Frozen editions
    M3 Edition
    M3 Competition Edition
    M3 DTM Champion Edition
    M3 Frozen Limited Edition

Only two real important ones:
    M3 CRT
    M3 GTS

Frankly, it doesn't really matter. As long as you enjoy the car I don't think it really matters about having the latest or greatest. You will always be behind unless you keep throwing money at it. Only real way to get the best of a generation is to wait for production to end and attempt to buy a used late model one. You might spend more money or time finding one but it will be the last of the generation.

Wasn’t there an E92 Lime Rock Park Edition too, in some special orange paint? Not sure where that falls into the spectrum, but we definitely live in an age where the 7-8year chassis runs are dying out.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Wasn’t there an E92 Lime Rock Park Edition too, in some special orange paint? Not sure where that falls into the spectrum, but we definitely live in an age where the 7-8year chassis runs are dying out.
    I can't believe I forgot that one too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I can't believe I forgot that one too. LOL
    Just proves the point even us BMW enthusiasts can’t even keep track of them all haha. That was a really good looking car, but the black ZCPs looked lost on it. Gunmetal would’ve been killer.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Just proves the point even us BMW enthusiasts can’t even keep track of them all haha. That was a really good looking car, but the black ZCPs looked lost on it. Gunmetal would’ve been killer.
    There was a fascination with GTS wheels (Style 359 Black) and Lime rock cars came with black or silver 359s.

I'm waiting for IND to come up with a sale and away I go purchasing coilovers

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast