Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    I test drove a '16 328 xi for a day last week. No thanks.
    After the E46 experience, you need to try the 2-series. The F30 is now the size of a E28 or E39 5er. In the sport mode it's not bad, but it's not an E46 dynamically.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

We hated the F30 we had for 2 yrs... the engine and transmission were amazing but the rest of the car was numb and boring like any other mid sized sedan... and that stop start feature was annoying as hell. The starting ritual was press the start button and immediately press the off button for the start stop feature. I tried the eco mode for a whole 30 mile drive one time... it can be best described as "kill me now!"
    Also, besides using the 6 station preset buttons on the infotainment, you had to look at either the display or the LCD between the two gauges to do anything with it. Using the scroll wheel on the steering wheel to go between presets was an exercise in futility... I found the system very dangerous... as bad, if not worse than texting and driving. A lot of times, I just ended up using my phone for music because it was so much easier
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    We hated the F30 we had for 2 yrs... the engine and transmission were amazing but the rest of the car was numb and boring like any other mid sized sedan... and that stop start feature was annoying as hell. The starting ritual was press the start button and immediately press the off button for the start stop feature. I tried the eco mode for a whole 30 mile drive one time... it can be best described as "kill me now!"
    Also, besides using the 6 station preset buttons on the infotainment, you had to look at either the display or the LCD between the two gauges to do anything with it. Using the scroll wheel on the steering wheel to go between presets was an exercise in futility... I found the system very dangerous... as bad, if not worse than texting and driving. A lot of times, I just ended up using my phone for music because it was so much easier

Pretty sure the start/stop button can be coded to stay off with E-SYS. That would've saved a little grief.

I test-drove a 2007 335 and, while it was nice and definitely faster than my E46’s, it did NOT have the same nimble feel and instantaneous responsiveness of my E46’s. Had to pass...

Since we're all still on the new car bashing, I will add this. If we want to talk about all the same points this thread is about, perhaps we should just say (as an example) that the E30 > E46 and call it a day. Same exact arguments can be made.

Lots of car enthusiasts think what they currently have is better than sliced bread... until they buy something else. It's human nature.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If we want to talk about all the same points this thread is about, perhaps we should just say (as an example) that the E30 > E46 and call it a day. Same exact arguments can be made.
    I'm more of a Model T guy.

I hear you, but that’s definitely not always true, or I wouldn’t be driving an E46. I think it’s even more human nature to want what’s better and newfangled.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I hear you, but that’s definitely not always true, or I wouldn’t be driving an E46. I think it’s even more human nature to want what’s better and newfangled.

I'm just saying that this argument about modern cars will constantly be brought up in discussions and does nothing productive. This thread does nothing productive but alienate those (such as myself) who like the new cars. It's getting old. I can start a thread about how much I hate crossovers, electric cars, and autonomous vehicles, but that wont change a darned thing. It's gonna happen and I have to get used to it, in the same way that all the stuff being discussed in this tread is going to happen. E46's won't last forever, people will have to buy a newer car at some point, so they might as well get used to it.

Please, let's just put our effort into something that matters, like bettering the cars we do have, or discussing ones we do ​want. A comment here and there, whatever, but a thread? Come on.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    ...this argument about modern cars will constantly be brought up in discussions and does nothing productive. This thread does nothing productive but alienate those (such as myself) who like the new cars. It's getting old. I can start a thread about how much I hate crossovers, electric cars, and autonomous vehicles, but that wont change a darned thing. It's gonna happen and I have to get used to it, in the same way that all the stuff being discussed in this tread is going to happen. E46's won't last forever, people will have to buy a newer car at some point, so they might as well get used to it.

Please, let's just put our effort into something that matters, like bettering the cars we do have, or discussing ones we do ​want. A comment here and there, whatever, but a thread? Come on.
    Couldn't agree with you more Botond.

My "issue" with modern cars is that they can be fun but not look good, or vice versa, or don't come in manual transmission, which for me is basically a must in a sporty sedan. If the Audi S3, or even better, RS3, came in 6spd that would be my definite target car in the future. Damn you, Audi. Finding a newer car that does not look like it ate the Michelin man is also tricky.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast