Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    I just bit the bullet and threw a set of Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s on. The ride is much smoother, but I also feel like the pickup isn't as good as my previous set (can't remember what I came from at the moment). Am I just imagining things?

I also noticed they put 215/40/ZR18 on the front..would this make a real difference?

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    I just bit the bullet and threw a set of Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s on. The ride is much smoother, but I also feel like the pickup isn't as good as my previous set (can't remember what I came from at the moment). Am I just imagining things?

I also noticed they put 215/40/ZR18 on the front..would this make a real difference?
    It's a fairly heavy tire. I was deeply saddened by how much going to the A/S 3's (from the older model A/S+) hurt the performance of my last ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    It's a fairly heavy tire. I was deeply saddened by how much going to the A/S 3's (from the older model A/S+) hurt the performance of my last ZHP.
    Good to know--they do make the car feel a little heavier and more sluggish--I did notice tirerack offering the conti DW's for closeout prices, tempting. Are they a lighter tire?

yes, that is the wrong size. you want 225/40/18. i would bring them back and have them fix their error. what did they put on the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    really? the PSS and A/S 3/+ are generally pretty light tires... 225/40/18 PSS is 22lbs.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yes, that is the wrong size. you want 225/40/18. i would bring them back and have them fix their error. what did they put on the rear?
    Rears are correct, 255/35ZR18. Would that affect the pickup at all? I suddenly feel like I'm driving a Crown Vic

Good to know--they do make the car feel a little heavier and more sluggish--I did notice tirerack offering the conti DW's for closeout prices, tempting. Are they a lighter tire?
    Yeah the DW and DWS are usually a few pounds lighter than the Michelins. You can check the individual weights on tirerack. What did you have on it before?

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    really? the PSS and A/S 3/+ are generally pretty light tires... 225/40/18 PSS is 22lbs.
    Back in 2013 I replaced the older generation A/S+ with the [then] new A/S 3 and the car felt horribly bogged down. I don't know what the weight gain was between the generations, but it was noticeable.

If I were going to buy all seasons today then I would probably go with the DWS06 for the weight savings. That additional mass so far from the axis of rotation is killer.

I loved my Pilot Sport AS3s (the older model) on my TDI. I put 55k miles on it, and they still have 5/32nd on them. They handled rain and grips fairly well for an 3-season tire.

I'm currently on Michelin PSS on my ZHP and I love them. Great for rain, and grip is decent for a summer tire. I'm about 6000 miles in 1.5 months and tires still looking great.

Wait a second, do you mean you drove 55K miles on one set of AS3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Wait a second, do you mean you drove 55K miles on one set of AS3 ?
    It is possible on an all season tire if you rotate them quite regularly. I have dws06 tires on my Zhp and I've done about 30k miles on them and I may still get a atleast another 5k miles from the rears and the fronts are only worn about half. I think Dane is close to 50k miles on his dws tires which he rotates since he has a square set up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    It is possible on an all season tire if you rotate them quite regularly. I have dws06 tires on my Zhp and I've done about 30k miles on them and I may still get a atleast another 5k miles from the rears and the fronts are only worn about half. I think Dane is close to 50k miles on his dws tires which he rotates since he has a square set up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got 40k out of my set of DWS tires a few years back. That included daily driving and 3 track days.
    They were definitely due for replacement by the time I was done with 'em, so I maxxed them out.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast