Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So I am curious... how come you switched to a race seat? Was it the weight?

I want to make sure that a harness is sufficient as I most definitely don't want to swap seats!
    My old coworker was selling his ZCP which happened to have an SPG fully mounted in. I offered him a price I would be willing to pay and to my surprised face, he actually accepted it. Let's just say it was nowhere near the $1500 for the seat+mounts.

As far as the quickfit pro holding me in, I have to say it does a very good job with the should belts. I do admit the side lap bolsters did not hold me in as well as I would've liked but it does a very good job with the OEM seat. The best part was that the belts were detachable and could be stored in the trunk. One thing I should note is the quick fit pro harness did pinch the stomach a little bit if you tighten the shoulder belts too early.

Overall, I would do it again if I wanted OEM seats and a harness. I am considering replacing the SPG with something more "daily-friendly" and it may come along to getting the quickfit pro again. The quickfit pro is 100bucks more but it works with HANS device and has a better receptacle for the buckle. If submarining is a problem you can install an anti sub belt with VAC sub bracket.
    Last edited by derbo; 09-24-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Gotcha. Thanks Derek.
    So that Schroth harness holds you in tight enough to not have to "grab" the steering wheel to hold on in corners?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking the silver cube off your hands there.

Looks great and congrats on getting the set.

We have to find time to meet up again.
    I bet Tony

At this point, the interior is fully installed, and a problem has presented itself.
    There is an extremely annoying creak coming from the rear driver's side fold-down seat. It creaks a lot over every single little bump in the road. Since my car is lowered, it's stiffer, so the creaking is almost non-stop.

I've narrowed it down to that side fold-down rear seat back because it no longer creaks when it's folded down. So far it looks like it's originating around where the latch catch is, so I'm going to be experimenting with solutions tonight.

Apparently this is a common issue and the solution is to put some tape or some kind of foam or wrap around the catch, not allowing it to move around when latched. Hopefully that resolves the issue.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

At this point, the interior is fully installed, and a problem has presented itself.
    There is an extremely annoying creak coming from the rear driver's side fold-down seat. It creaks a lot over every single little bump in the road. Since my car is lowered, it's stiffer, so the creaking is almost non-stop.

I've narrowed it down to that side fold-down rear seat back because it no longer creaks when it's folded down. So far it looks like it's originating around where the latch catch is, so I'm going to be experimenting with solutions tonight.

Apparently this is a common issue and the solution is to put some tape or some kind of foam or wrap around the catch, not allowing it to move around when latched. Hopefully that resolves the issue.
    Glad it all went together and you isolated the gremlin. I'm sure you will slay it promptly!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Glad it all went together and you isolated the gremlin. I'm sure you will slay it promptly!
    Shawn....I just wanted to say I like your sig pic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    It will be slayed hopefully today; it was driving me crazy on the drives to/from work yesterday. Once I have it figured out, I'll post up a DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

Yeah I really like it too. The background is sweet!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It will be slayed hopefully today; it was driving me crazy on the drives to/from work yesterday. Once I have it figured out, I'll post up a DIY.
    Looking forward to seeing this DIY BP

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Thanks. I was on my way to check out the silver car F/S in Manassas on Sunday and a freak storm popped up. I looked for a spot to pull over and did so at a back gate that isn't used on Quantico Marine Corps base. I had to Photoshop out a few phone lines on the right and a house on the left. Added a little LightRoom as well...

Gotcha. Thanks Derek.
    So that Schroth harness holds you in tight enough to not have to "grab" the steering wheel to hold on in corners?
    Yes. Before, I would actually push my left foot into the dead pedal so my body would be pushed against the seat more during cornering without the harness.

Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast