PDA

View Full Version : Kpro's F87 M2 Journey

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sockethead
03-31-2018, 09:49 AM
My wife Kristen (Kpro) has decided to sell the 135 while it still has low mileage and in perfect shape... What could she buy to one up a fully modded 135? an M2 of course! I fought her a bit on buying a new car because they depreciate so quick but It's her money and her car AND a happy wife is a happy life, right?

She custom ordered it as these cars are so popular they're basically order only right now. She wanted minimal configuration so no sunroof and only option is Apple iPlay and the standard 3 pedals. The car comes pretty much optioned out. The only feature option is the executive package and the only thing I'd want from that would be the adaptive LED headlights. I really like the wheels that come on this car especially with the color she chose. As far as mods, it doesn't really need a whole lot. Her short list for the exterior is a CF rear diffuser ( which already showed up in the mail) CF mirror shells, CF rear spoiler and CF splitters... basically the same exterior mods she has on the 135. The only thing on the engine/drive train mod list for now is a new charge pipe and blow off valve as the OEM one has some issues.

She originally wanted another Alpine White but I talked her into Long Beach Blue. It was an extra $500 but it's a stunning color. Since she works for Rick Hendrick BMW, she gets a massive $6500 discount plus a reduced delivery fee.

She took the performance center delivery which we're very excited about. The center is only a few hours away so that will be a fun trip! Production started on 3/21/18. She can follow the production through the dealer software...Looks like it will be finished on 4/20/18 She is very excited! Hopefully, my ZHP will be back on the road by then so we can drive that out there.

SaltyNC
03-31-2018, 09:53 AM
Jealous. ;) Congrats.

Sockethead
03-31-2018, 09:55 AM
So am I! Lol! It's her car... I'll be in the Dad wagon (MDX) or the 13 year old ZHP if I ever get it back on the road...

garrettdal
03-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Beautiful car in a beautiful color! Must be one happy girl. Can't wait to hear about how it drives!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danewilson77
03-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Amazing. Congrats Kpro!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

san
03-31-2018, 11:20 AM
Awesome! Worthy successor to the 135i!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeybananaz18
03-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Thats awesome! Good for her. Thats really the only new bmw id consider.

Sockethead
03-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys.! I'll pass along the congrats.
She is a member on here (Kpro). She used to be really active on the forum but since we had the kids, she hasn't had the time.

Vas
03-31-2018, 12:56 PM
Congrats

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ELCID86
03-31-2018, 03:05 PM
That’s hawt. Congrats to Kristen. 135 up for sale soon?

Sockethead
03-31-2018, 03:49 PM
There is someone that gets first dibs if they don't take it then it's fully on the market.

Karl Lazlo
03-31-2018, 04:40 PM
There is someone that gets first dibs if they don't take it then it's fully on the market.

Wait? What are we talking about here?

But, FWIW, drove my friend's M2 last month a bit... He picked it over Christmas while on leave up here. I had to go all the way to NC to drive it. It was fun. I like.

fredo
03-31-2018, 06:08 PM
Congrats, guys ! That pic looks awesome. :thumbup

3ZHPGUY
03-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Congrats to both of you and have fun with that delivery thing!

Hopefully we’ll make it there in July as part of our NH road trip.

Oli77
03-31-2018, 06:46 PM
I saw one of those the other day, I was admiring the back side of it.

slater
03-31-2018, 06:55 PM
Frig... congrats Rob and Kristen!! That’s awesome!

Johnmadd
04-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Awesome, that's the bimmer I would go with at this point also. Congrats.

Sockethead
04-01-2018, 07:07 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm trying to get her to join in on this thread but I don't think she can even remember her password

Wait? What are we talking about here?

But, FWIW, drove my friend's M2 last month a bit... He picked it over Christmas while on leave up here. I had to go all the way to NC to drive it. It was fun. I like.

We we're talking about the sale of her modded 135 to put towards the new car....Good to know a race car driver enjoyed it.... :)

Newjack
04-01-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm really happy for your guys. Excited to see you two next weekend!

Sockethead
04-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Likewise my friend!

ryankokesh
04-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Woohoo! That's so exciting! Can't wait for all the pictures.

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Us too.. They are now saying that the only date available for Performance Center delivery is in June... she really want ts that so unless her dealership can get her in sooner... we'll be waiting an extra two months

san
04-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Us too.. They are now saying that the only date available for Performance Center delivery is in June... she really want ts that so unless her dealership can get her in sooner... we'll be waiting an extra two months

Whats the performance center delivery? I know you can collect the BMW SUVs from Spartanburg cause they’re built there, is this something similar?

Sreten
04-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Congrats to both of you! M2s are sweet machines. I love the color choice btw!

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Her car is coming from Germany but you can pick it up at the performance center where they have a special spot where your car is on display, you get to take some cars around their track and other pampering. It's a $2500 option but she is getting it for free for some reason... maybe cause she's buying an M?

Anyone else know details?

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Congrats to both of you! M2s are sweet machines. I love the color choice btw!

The color is awesome... it's one of those colors that changes with the light... sometimes it looks almost teal. I saw it on an X5M they had at the dealership. The color is only available on the M2 and X5M

BADCLOWN
04-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Can’t wait to see all the CF bits on it

Karl Lazlo
04-03-2018, 01:35 PM
The color is awesome... it's one of those colors that changes with the light... sometimes it looks almost teal. I saw it on an X5M they had at the dealership. The color is only available on the M2 and X5M

This?

Same as my friend's car.

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Yep! that's it!

Karl Lazlo
04-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Yep! that's it!

Please, when your wife gets it, take a pic so I can send it to my friend to tell him that he's driving a girl's car.

SaltyNC
04-03-2018, 02:11 PM
LOL That's funny.

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Please, when your wife gets it, take a pic so I can send it to my friend to tell him that he's driving a girl's car.

Haha! Sure thing! :)

Karl Lazlo
04-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Haha! Sure thing! :)

Thank you. Please edit/redact as needed. I don't need MORE people thinking I am a creepy weirdo.

johnrando
04-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Just saw this, wow!

cakM3
04-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Thank you. Please edit/redact as needed. I don't need MORE people thinking I am a creepy weirdo.

Already know you're a creep Ray :hi

Rob, Kpro's new M2 will be awesome when she puts her touches on it... congrats to you guys! :thumbsup

Sockethead
04-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks Charlie! She already wants to get a tune, exhaust, etc, etc. Jeeze! Let's just drive the car for a while!...

Karl Lazlo
04-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Already know you're a creep Ray :hi

Exactly why I stated that I don't need MORE people having that knowledge.

derbo
04-16-2018, 12:06 PM
omg yes!!

Wifeys with F87s are cool! :rofl

https://i.imgur.com/b9xqiZPh.jpg

johnrando
04-16-2018, 12:21 PM
This is so awesome.

Sockethead
04-16-2018, 12:42 PM
omg yes!!

Wifeys with F87s are cool! :rofl

https://i.imgur.com/b9xqiZPh.jpg

Wow! I've seen this pic before but it didn't click that it was your wife's car. Too bad we're literally on opposite coasts... that would be a cool pic of the girls and their cars

cakM3
04-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Thanks Charlie! She already wants to get a tune, exhaust, etc, etc. Jeeze! Let's just drive the car for a while!...

Rob, I don't blame Kpro for wanting to do all of this ;) It should be fun....that's all I'm saying! :biggrin

derbo
04-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Wow! I've seen this pic before but it didn't click that it was your wife's car. Too bad we're literally on opposite coasts... that would be a cool pic of the girls and their cars

Yea! Wifey got a DCT due to high traffic to work. She would've loved to get a stick but would've killed herself in that traffic every day. So far we only messed with coding. I've used E-SYS to do coding and borrowed my friend's BimmerCode app + BT OBD adapter to mess around with it too.

She wants my BBSs on her car.. :drool

Sockethead
04-16-2018, 06:47 PM
They would look nice on Space Gray... I think the stock wheels ain't half bad either. I like them with the Long Beach Blue

Sockethead
04-18-2018, 05:44 AM
The 135 is on its way to its new home...
Bittersweet but the new owner will take good care of her

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180418/a502a78ecb6674236548e55d3328d70e.jpg

Sockethead
04-18-2018, 06:20 AM
The update on the M2 is there is no update. The time line hasn't moved in a month. It supposed to be finished in production this Friday

slater
04-18-2018, 06:27 AM
The update on the M2 is there is no update. The time line hasn't moved in a month. It supposed to be finished in production this Friday

bummer. did ModBargains take over M2 production?

;)

Karl Lazlo
04-18-2018, 06:28 AM

Well, we're waiting. /Judge Smails

My buddy with the M2 texted me last night; he's all over the new M2 Comp Package. He's in line for one and is considering selling his M2 before he deploys. I told him to hold on to it, I'd store it for him... :-)

Sockethead
04-18-2018, 06:37 AM

;)

That is pretty damn funny Peter! :rofl

Well, we're waiting. /Judge Smails

My buddy with the M2 texted me last night; he's all over the new M2 Comp Package. He's in line for one and is considering selling his M2 before he deploys. I told him to hold on to it, I'd store it for him... :-)

Ha! and you'll take it out once a week to make sure the battery stays charged, right?

Sockethead
04-18-2018, 06:38 AM
I've seen caddyshack well over 100 times... my fave

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/d/d6/Well..._We%27re_Waiting.png/revision/latest?cb=20131216171523

Karl Lazlo
04-18-2018, 06:43 AM
Ha! and you'll take it out once a week to make sure the battery stays charged, right?

It's all part of my service, if you will.

SaltyNC
04-18-2018, 06:46 AM

;)

Good one! :respect

cornercarver
04-18-2018, 02:03 PM
No...Tesla did. ;)

derbo
04-18-2018, 07:49 PM

Can it be converted to an M2 Competition magically ;) haha.

What are your thoughts on the M2 Competition? Realistically, I think the N55 is a better engine for daily. Everything else seems "fixable" on the current F87.

704sw
04-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Can it be converted to an M2 Competition magically ;) haha.

What are your thoughts on the M2 Competition? Realistically, I think the N55 is a better engine for daily. Everything else seems "fixable" on the current F87.

I know you’re asking Rob, but insomnia + Tapatalk = I’ll chime in!

I’m not sure how much I like it. I agree the N55 is a better DD engine, and frankly I don’t know if 405hp is something I’d actually want. Ive always felt that 350 range is ideal for my skills as a driver (factoring in projected personal growth on the track), as well as just not senselessly blowing through consumables in daily driving. I like that it added the ///M wing mirrors and BMW’s finally giving it an improved interior over the normal 2er, but I don’t like the Competition’s new kidney shape nor how the grilles are connected in the center—yes I know BMW kidney grilles of early years were connected, but they already tried bringing back the roundel beside the Hofmeister kink on the new X2 and that looks terrible also, so maybe not every design needs to be brought back to life. I wish the production run were a little more limited to make it feel a little more special, but with the way BMW is slapping ///M labels on everything these days, I don’t foresee that happening.

holyc0w
04-18-2018, 08:37 PM
I’m not sure how much I like it. I agree the N55 is a better DD engine, and frankly I don’t know if 405hp is something I’d actually want. Ive always felt that 350 range is ideal for my skills as a driver (factoring in projected personal growth on the track), as well as just not senselessly blowing through consumables in daily driving. I like that it added the ///M wing mirrors and BMW’s finally giving it an improved interior over the normal 2er, but I don’t like the Competition’s new kidney shape nor how the grilles are connected in the center—yes I know BMW kidney grilles of early years were connected, but they already tried bringing back the roundel beside the Hofmeister kink on the new X2 and that looks terrible also, so maybe not every design needs to be brought back to life. I wish the production run were a little more limited to make it feel a little more special, but with the way BMW is slapping ///M labels on everything these days, I don’t foresee that happening.

And it weighs 120+ pounds more

johnrando
04-18-2018, 09:22 PM
Sad to see that 135 go. Welcome (soon) to the M!

Sockethead
04-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Heh, Insomnia... I hear ya! It's 2:45 am

Yea John, it's bittersweet the 135 had been with us a long time. Hopefully it will be as good to Rob as it was to us. Kristen replaced a lot of stuff as preventative maintenance while she had a warranty and new everyone at the BMW dealership back in NJ... all of the problem issues were addressed including new turbos, walnut blasting, injectors, water pump gaskets etc etc..

Ok enough of the nostalgia... we're getting an F'n M2!
I just looked up the competition package- which will be the only model available once it launches... That's how it should of come out of the factory in the first place. I think BMW is realizing that the M2 is the biggest seller in the M car lineup but I'm not bummed we didn't wait for that.... there is lots you can do for mods with the M2 as it sits now... HP is no problem, the 135 is a prime example... it's last dyno was 405 at the rear wheels which puts it at around 460 hp at the crank. The stock HP was 300. I don't think having a lot of HP is a bad thing as long as it's manageable but that can be hard to do with a turbo. The 135 is scary fast because when it hits, it hits hard and if you're not ready for it, it will scare the shit out of you. On the other hand, if you drive it like a normal person, it drives just like any other car...and gets really good gas mileage. That's the beauty of boost
Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well. Suspension and exhaust can all be modded if we want too but why bother? It's a brand new friggin M car! A few tweaks here and there to make it our own and I'll be happy.
Of course Kristen won't be happy until it has as much HP as the 135 and scrapes the ground... She's already got a wish list as long as my arm!

Karl Lazlo
04-19-2018, 02:46 AM
if you drive it like a normal person,

Not.

Bloody.

Likely.

joeybananaz18
04-19-2018, 04:15 AM
Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well.

I never thought about that. I guess in a way its kind of like a ZHP. Standard drivetrain (albeit this one massaged by M) improved to be a better drivers car than the already great driver its based on. I've said it a million times so far and i'll continue to say it over and over- the M2 is the one and only car in their current line up that i'd ever want. Even more, I'm dying for them to release a sedan version.

I read an article last night that said even though the competition was just released, bmw is not stopping their. A CSL version is still slated for 2021. I believe that would end up wit the M3/4's motor. Ooooooooo sign me up.....

http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/02/02/rumors-possible-365-hp-bmw-m2-gran-coupe-resurface/

704sw
04-19-2018, 06:22 AM
I've said it a million times so far and i'll continue to say it over and over- the M2 is the one and only car in their current line up that i'd ever want.

Absolutely this. Everything else I think is way too big. If I wanted something the size of an F30 I’d buy an E39. If I was spending M3/M4 money I’d go Porsche instead. I love BMWs, but with the exception of the M2, BMW lost me after the E-Chassis.

SaltyNC
04-19-2018, 06:57 AM
Of course Kristen won't be happy until it has as much HP as the 135 and scrapes the ground... She's already got a wish list as long as my arm!

She sounds like a keeper! :)

Sockethead
04-19-2018, 07:12 AM
Yea she's got more balls than me... I've mellowed a bit in my old age.
This is the same girl that ripped a turbo from a junkyard Volvo and mounted it in her Prelude... 325 hp to the front wheels or should say wheel lol, she tracked that car for years and she's still got it at a friend's house in Fla. We might go get it so she can use it as DD until the M2 arrives

SaltyNC
04-19-2018, 07:20 AM
This is the same girl that ripped a turbo from a junkyard Volvo and mounted it in her Prelude... 325 hp to the front wheels or should say wheel lol, she tracked that car for years and she's still got it at a friend's house in Fla. We might go get it so she can use it as DD until the M2 arrives

That's awesome!

derbo
04-19-2018, 07:29 AM
I know you’re asking Rob, but insomnia + Tapatalk = I’ll chime in!

Heh, Insomnia... I hear ya! It's 2:45 am

Yea John, it's bittersweet the 135 had been with us a long time. Hopefully it will be as good to Rob as it was to us. Kristen replaced a lot of stuff as preventative maintenance while she had a warranty and new everyone at the BMW dealership back in NJ... all of the problem issues were addressed including new turbos, walnut blasting, injectors, water pump gaskets etc etc..

I just looked up the competition package- which will be the only model available once it launches... That's how it should of come out of the factory in the first place. I think BMW is realizing that the M2 is the biggest seller in the M car lineup but I'm not bummed we didn't wait for that.... there is lots you can do for mods with the M2 as it sits now... HP is no problem, the 135 is a prime example... it's last dyno was 405 at the rear wheels which puts it at around 460 hp at the crank. The stock HP was 300. I don't think having a lot of HP is a bad thing as long as it's manageable but that can be hard to do with a turbo. The 135 is scary fast because when it hits, it hits hard and if you're not ready for it, it will scare the shit out of you. On the other hand, if you drive it like a normal person, it drives just like any other car...and gets really good gas mileage. That's the beauty of boost
Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well. Suspension and exhaust can all be modded if we want too but why bother? It's a brand new friggin M car! A few tweaks here and there to make it our own and I'll be happy.

One thing Rob, the N55 in the F87 is pretty good from the factory. The oil system is from the S55 and with a baffled oil pan. It also has S55 pistons/bearings. With a minor tune, you can easily reach the 135i power levels easily! Thats funny cause I think the 414hp in my M3 already feels somewhat timid. It probably has to do with the way the S65 delivers the power (4K+) vs the power of the turbos mid-range N55s.

For suspension, I think we will eventually go with the M performance suspension which appears to be made by KW. Right now the car is already very stiff for street (stiffer than my E90M!). Car will be fun!! :D

My thoughts on the new M2 Comp:
1. I like the new seats but not the color scheme. It also looks like it is optional and will still offer the std seats. Wonder how much that will cost!
2. The grilles look odd so close.
3. The extra 3 holes on the bottom looks like it will gather more rocks/flies that the standard F87 bumper already does. I've noticed rocks in the side slits to the coolers and just stuck there.
4. It also looks like the bigger 400mm brakes are optionals as well.
5. M2 Comp will most likely cost significantly more and dealerships here will charge a lot!
6. Competition has M1/M2 modes and the various normal buttons for steering/power where the M2 doesn't have that. :(
7. It looks like there will be revised cooling sytems (oil, transmission, engine) due to the new engine.
8. The CF U-Brace better damn fit the standard F87!! :P

Sockethead
04-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Agree about the CF brace lol that will be one of the first things on her list, I'm sure...

ZHPizza
04-19-2018, 07:46 AM
This is the same girl that ripped a turbo from a junkyard Volvo and mounted it in her Prelude... 325 hp to the front wheels or should say wheel lol, she tracked that car for years and she's still got it at a friend's house in Fla. We might go get it so she can use it as DD until the M2 arrivesur wife scares me

Sockethead
04-19-2018, 08:11 AM
Yea she's scared the shit outta me several times... She used to drive the X5 like it was a race car. I didn't know it could handle like that.

She was an HPDE instructor for a while and was a regular at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and few other tracks in the mid west. She's got the skills...

slater
04-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Yea she's scared the shit outta me several times... She used to drive the X5 like it was a race car. I didn't know it could handle like that.

She was an HPDE instructor for a while and was a regular at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and few other tracks in the mid west. She's got the skills...

awesome.

Sockethead
04-19-2018, 08:34 AM
yea, she is.... Marcus described her the best at the first Mafia reunion.... "you march to your own drumbeat". :)

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Congrats. So jealous! The competition package has some impressive numbers...400+hp should be fun.

Sockethead
04-19-2018, 09:50 AM
The competition package hasn't been released yet. We are getting the one with 370hp but who cares... I'm happy

Newjack
04-19-2018, 09:57 AM
The competition package hasn't been released yet. We are getting the one with 370hp but who cares... I'm happy

This is the way to go tbh

370 is already so much power, and with a tune you will easily be able to hit that point where you wonder if the car is too fast

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Sorry - I’m a year ahead of myself... Thought you were placing an order for the 2019MY.

johnrando
04-20-2018, 06:43 AM
"It's a freakin M". Nuff said. :)

danewilson77
04-20-2018, 07:13 PM
"It's a freakin M". Nuff said. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk+1

Sockethead
04-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Looks like it's done production!
Also looks like it will be arriving right here in Charleston! You can also see that it's a performance center delivery...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/8a947d0d6384f7966cb82825d485f04d.jpg

Newjack
04-21-2018, 03:33 AM
:thumbsup

704sw
04-21-2018, 05:07 AM
Awesome! Even better to be so close to the Performance Center. The guy I bought my Arc-8s from had an LBB M2, and damn it it’s not a beautiful color.

Sockethead
04-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Yea I'm glad I talked her into that color. She's still having second thoughts but I think once get gets it, she's going to love it.

Looks like it's further along than I thought...according to this, next stop is the boat :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/66d0d73cd56a21d24a8b1c713a760247.jpg

johnrando
04-21-2018, 09:03 AM
So cool you can see the updates

704sw
04-21-2018, 09:25 AM
How long is the boat ride?

Sockethead
04-21-2018, 11:18 AM
How long is the boat ride?

I think around 17 days...

So cool you can see the updates

That's BMW's internal dealer network... Good that Kristen works there :)

johnrando
04-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Ah!

NoVAphotog
04-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Oh man, I really wanted to join in on the roadtrip with our MD friends. But now...DEFINITELY need to escape the DMV for another visit soon! Miss you guys! :wub

In other news, I drove a 6MT M2 yesterday evening. Loved it. Felt right at home compared to the ZHP, but more power and refinement. I LOVE the auto-rev matched downshifts in Sport+. Some folks dislike that, but for someone who isn't very good at heel toe or timing blips the damn computer can do it perfectly everytime and makes me feel like I'm Senna.

Now all that said...the car I drove AFTER the M2...left me feeling a little more giddy...and I had to change my pants immediately after revving it out. And by revving it out I mean, barely even making it halfway up the range.

Sockethead
04-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Good to see you on here my friend! Come on down any time! Our door is always open for our Mafia friends.
We're pretty excited about the M2 but I was a Ford guy for 30 years... I'd love to try that 'stang they are such powerful, good handling cars now... they've come a long way.

BMWCurves
04-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Which Mustang was it, Daniel? They look so good now. I can't say I don't have a base level of lust for them.

The only knock against them is when I was living in DC, every Joe Schmo with a new Mustang would drop in an absurdly loud exhaust and drive down M street just to strut.

holyc0w
04-23-2018, 07:52 AM
Which Mustang was it, Daniel? They look so good now. I can't say I don't have a base level of lust for them.

From my observation, it looks like a Shelby GT350.

BADCLOWN
04-23-2018, 08:03 AM
We live very closs to that CarMax, super clean looking M2

cornercarver
04-23-2018, 08:25 AM
From my observation, it looks like a Shelby GT350.
Flat plane crank in that car... VERY unique sound.

az3579
04-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Thankfully I got to drive the GT350 on a track and can safely say that the ENTIRE GT350 experience was, in a word, orgasmic.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

704sw
04-23-2018, 09:26 AM
orgasmic.

“Welcome to Poetry Mondays with BP.”

NoVAphotog
04-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Good to see you on here my friend! Come on down any time! Our door is always open for our Mafia friends.
We're pretty excited about the M2 but I was a Ford guy for 30 years... I'd love to try that 'stang they are such powerful, good handling cars now... they've come a long way.

Oh yeah, I check in from time to time. [emoji4]

And William is right - a 2016 GT350. And I'll concur with BP. Needed new pair of boxers after test drive.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/59b2a99ed8b49660d8f70f092ab625a1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/720522d2f3d011c0095942dfb67464fe.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/4a01a3310e2f40f485023efbd94648be.jpg

BADCLOWN
04-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Black on black, right up my alley. Interior looks nice too

illirep
04-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Awesome. Congrats!

Sockethead
04-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Thanks!
Looks like it's on it's way to the docks...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/f7125a339682110add142663d1c4f788.jpg

BMWCurves
04-23-2018, 10:49 PM

And William is right - a 2016 GT350. And I'll concur with BP. Needed new pair of boxers after test drive.

I was wagering it was, but I'm not super familiar with the different aero kits that help differentiate trims. I'd do many a foul thing to own one.

Thanks!
Looks like it's on it's way to the docks...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/f7125a339682110add142663d1c4f788.jpg

holyc0w
04-24-2018, 05:09 AM
I was wagering it was, but I'm not super familiar with the different aero kits that help differentiate trims. I'd do many a foul thing to own one.

There's a handy GT350 emblem on the side.

BMWCurves
04-24-2018, 06:10 AM
There's a handy GT350 emblem on the side.

Shhh

I didn’t zoom in

Newjack
04-24-2018, 09:36 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/59b2a99ed8b49660d8f70f092ab625a1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/720522d2f3d011c0095942dfb67464fe.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/4a01a3310e2f40f485023efbd94648be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSomething I can't outrun......yet :shifty

Rob I'm excited for Kristen to finally get the M2, that's a long boat ride!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sockethead
04-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Lol yea we are getting excited too. Every night we log into BMW's network to see where it is. Tonight it's at the dock.
Where's your new 135 project thread? :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180425/8131b8eac951ed6e983bac7006a9965d.jpg

derbo
04-25-2018, 07:55 PM
wohoo!!!! :D

We are getting our M2 serviced this friday as the steering felt a little off to us. The best way I can describe it is a delay in turning after moving the steering wheel which confuses us.

johnrando
04-25-2018, 08:12 PM
:thumbsup

Hornung418
05-03-2018, 03:48 AM
https://youtu.be/Z0YIJQ1jgEI

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sockethead
05-03-2018, 05:28 AM
So are we :)

Sockethead
05-06-2018, 06:38 PM
It is on its way! It even lists the name of the boat. Departure/arrival etc. pretty cool!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/0cf49d1cd7d9d4dfd625acb6cd30016f.jpg

704sw
05-06-2018, 06:41 PM
It is on its way! It even lists the name of the boat. Departure/arrival etc. pretty cool!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/0cf49d1cd7d9d4dfd625acb6cd30016f.jpg

Bremerhaven! I went there when I was far too young to appreciate the trip I was on.

johnrando
05-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Cool! Tic tic tic.....

Sockethead
05-07-2018, 05:54 AM
Bremerhaven! I went there when I was far too young to appreciate the trip I was on.

I know what you mean! I was on the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise when I was 12 My cousin was an officer on that boat..... I wish I had been at least 18 so I knew what hell I was looking at.

Sockethead
05-07-2018, 05:56 AM
Cool! Tic tic tic.....

John, we can track the boat across the ocean... I'll update tonight! :)

johnrando
05-07-2018, 02:41 PM
That's so cool

3ZHPGUY
05-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Cool on that tracking thing.

We just tracked my Sister-in-law and niece’s trip from Cleveland, OH to the upper northwest bay in Washington state.

Yours won’t lose signal in the mountains though.

Sockethead
05-08-2018, 05:28 AM
No but at some point, it will loose signal in the middle of the ocean I've heard.
We never got a chance to track it last night, too much going on with kids and and planting stuff outside....

Sockethead
05-08-2018, 06:35 PM
We went to marinetraffic.com and put the name of the boat in the search...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/92ae3bed368a621852162f7194f347ab.jpg

And here it is in the middle of the ocean... look at all those boats! WTF?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/32c4093a2560f09d88416ad8bf44ce42.jpg

Pic of the boat:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/6fe6a78ac75c0d532601cda7c797729f.jpg

Docked in Charleston on a previous trip

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/02a2dff71ae4220c1e617207355f9f5d.jpg

704sw
05-08-2018, 06:51 PM
That ship’s a bigboye.

cornercarver
05-08-2018, 07:29 PM
And here it is in the middle of the ocean... look at all those boats! WTF?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/32c4093a2560f09d88416ad8bf44ce42.jpg

Considering how vast is the ocean, that actually seems reasonable.

Have you ever seen a live map of all the commercial aircraft in the sky at the same time? -Scary.

Very cool that you can track your purchase these days with that level of information and accuracy.

704sw
05-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Considering how vast is the ocean, that actually seems reasonable.

“The ocean is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts compared to the ocean.”

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, modified

Have you ever seen a live map of all the commercial aircraft in the sky at the same time? -Scary.

It’s terrifying when you think about it. You basically can’t see the map of the US underneath.

Sockethead
05-09-2018, 05:54 AM
I was coming back from Vegas looking out the window of our plane and saw several other planes pass us going the other way.... pretty scary if you think about it.... I wouldn't want to be an air traffic controller. Those planes weren't lumbering by either... if you blinked you would of missed them. Two planes traveling in the opposite direction at 500 mph... I'm surprised I saw them at all...

cornercarver
05-09-2018, 11:49 AM
It’s terrifying when you think about it. You basically can’t see the map of the US underneath.
Yup, pretty much...

Edit; to be fair, it doesn't look as bad when zoomed in, but still - that's a lot of planes in the air...

(Sorry for the hijack!) :o

Sockethead
05-09-2018, 05:59 PM
(Sorry for the hijack!) :o

No worries it's a great discussion !

Looks like the boat is out of range.
I wonder how that can be...they must be using land based tracking...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180510/d8e36e41206c42a31ef363850e77ab94.jpg

johnrando
05-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Slow torture

704sw
05-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Land-based tracking of a ship. I do love me a good oxymoron.

Sockethead
05-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Never heard of LORAN, eh?

Sockethead
05-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Slow torture

Lol yea 15 knots accross the Atlantic... That would like driving 20 miles an hour from the east coast to California...

Don Adolfo
05-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Lol yea 15 knots accross the Atlantic... That would like driving 20 miles an hour from the east coast to California...

Worse. 17.25 MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don Adolfo
05-10-2018, 02:39 PM
I was coming back from Vegas looking out the window of our plane and saw several other planes pass us going the other way.... pretty scary if you think about it.... I wouldn't want to be an air traffic controller. Those planes weren't lumbering by either... if you blinked you would of missed them. Two planes traveling in the opposite direction at 500 mph... I'm surprised I saw them at all...

Luckily, someone came up with a good system. Aircraft flying east (0-179 degrees) should be at odd thousand feet MSL...31K, 33K, 35K, etc. Aircraft flying west (180-359 degrees) should be at even thousands, so there is at least 1,000 feet separation. If flying VFR (Visual Flight Rules) below 18,000’, then add 500’; flying east, 5,500’, 7,500’, 9,500’, etc.; west, 6,500’, 8,500’, etc. There should always be at least 1,000’ separation between VFR aircraft and 500’ between VFR and IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) aircraft. VFR aircraft above 18,000’ should fly at altitudes assigned by ATC.

Sockethead
05-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Worse. 17.25 MPH.

LOl I know... I just rounded it off :)

Luckily, someone came up with a good system. Aircraft flying east (0-179 degrees) should be at odd thousand feet MSL...31K, 33K, 35K, etc. Aircraft flying west (180-359 degrees) should be at even thousands, so there is at least 1,000 feet separation. If flying VFR (Visual Flight Rules) below 18,000’, then add 500’; flying east, 5,500’, 7,500’, 9,500’, etc.; west, 6,500’, 8,500’, etc. There should always be at least 1,000’ separation between VFR aircraft and 500’ between VFR and IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) aircraft. VFR aircraft above 18,000’ should fly at altitudes assigned by ATC.

Cool! never knew that...

The boat is still out of range :(

danewilson77
05-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Worse. 17.25 MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProYou're such a geek.

Don Adolfo
05-12-2018, 03:26 AM
You're such a geek.

I never thought of myself as one, but maybe I am a little bit.

derbo
05-12-2018, 09:40 AM
I never thought of myself as one, but maybe I am a little bit.

I always wonder geek vs nerd..lol :)

I'm a little of both ahahh

Don Adolfo
05-12-2018, 02:22 PM
I always wonder geek vs nerd..lol :)

I'm a little of both ahahh

Based on this, I may be 10% geek. 0% nerd.

Karl Lazlo
05-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Based on this, I may be 10% geek. 0% nerd.

And 100% bad at math.

Don Adolfo
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Not really; I’ve always been above average at math. I may be 10% geek because of the knowledge trait. The rest of me is far from geek.

Sockethead
05-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Ok so being able to use Google apparently makes you a geek or a nerd?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/660e585feeeecbeffcec4145f6ed7bba.jpg

Don Adolfo
05-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Ok so being able to use Google apparently makes you a geek or a nerd?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/660e585feeeecbeffcec4145f6ed7bba.jpg

I did not use Google. I have an Airline Transport Pilot license. I learned this 35 years ago.

Sockethead
05-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Ok, I used Google... I'm out :)

Don Adolfo
05-12-2018, 05:09 PM
It’s just mundane knowledge; a geek trait. [emoji851]

Sockethead
05-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Back on the map!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180514/9e082d16035b803b0f8e068c6d8d7856.jpg

Hornung418
05-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Back on the map!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180514/9e082d16035b803b0f8e068c6d8d7856.jpgComing my way! Shall I greet it at the port?

Sockethead
05-14-2018, 06:00 AM
Lol, You'll probably have to swim out there... it's heading down the coast to the port of Chaleston

Hornung418
05-14-2018, 06:22 AM
Lol, You'll probably have to swim out there... it's heading down the coast to the port of ChalestonOh? It has Dest: US Bal, unless I'm totally reading that wrong.

Sockethead
05-14-2018, 06:51 AM
Hmm Not sure. BMW's site said the port of entry was Charleston... maybe the're dropping some off in Baltimore first...

derbo
05-14-2018, 01:06 PM
WOOHOO! :)

Sockethead
05-14-2018, 01:21 PM
WOOHOO! :)

Yeaa buddy! :)

Sockethead
05-14-2018, 06:53 PM
Heading up the Chesapeake... we'll have to logon to BMW's system and see if the port of entry has changed.

704sw
05-14-2018, 07:20 PM
I can drive myself crazy tracking a shipment across the eastern seaboard. I can’t imagine tracking a new car. Across the Atlantic. On a ship.

derbo
05-14-2018, 07:37 PM
I can drive myself crazy tracking a shipment across the eastern seaboard. I can’t imagine tracking a new car. Across the Atlantic. On a ship.

Its exactly how it's happening right now. Have you reduced your checks to every 6 hours yet? :P

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 05:37 AM
Hahaha! We usually check when we get home from work at night. It's hard not to check all the time because it's so damn easy. Checking BMW's internal system is harder because you have to login and go about 5 pages deep to check status.

Hornung418
05-15-2018, 05:51 AM
Hahaha! We usually check when we get home from work at night. It's hard not to check all the time because it's so damn easy. Checking BMW's internal system is harder because you have to login and go about 5 pages deep to check status.Well I'll tell you right now that she's moored here in the harbor. I'll probably be able to get a pic of her today! I drive right by the port all the time.

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 05:58 AM
Ha! that would be cool!

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Yep thar she blows!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/62a4263f40410c76afbcaba2be7ecaf0.jpg

slater
05-15-2018, 06:04 AM
Yep thar she blows!

sweet!! how long will it take to get to you once landed?

(and was that pirate reference because it's on a boat...? ;))

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 06:08 AM
Interesting, the new destination is US SSI which is Brunswick GA... I like me a good mystery...

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 06:11 AM
sweet!! how long will it take to get to you once landed?

(and was that pirate reference because it's on a boat...? ;))

I guess it depends on where they offload it. I know it will be arriving at the performance center by rail....

Aggr yes! You scurvy dog! I do a pirate voice for the kids... they love it... ok, well sometimes they tell me to knock it off...

704sw
05-15-2018, 06:16 AM
Interesting, the new destination is US SSI which is Brunswick GA... I like me a good mystery...

https://media.giphy.com/media/KKtAZiNVEeU8/giphy.gif

slater
05-15-2018, 06:27 AM
Aggr yes! You scurvy dog! I do a pirate voice for the kids... they love it... ok, well sometimes they tell me to knock it off...

:rofl

same story at my house... :cheers

that, and the puns...

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 06:29 AM
haha! That makes me think of myth busters....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/82/ee/91/82ee91c090f6999d121401b23d19145e--so-funny-funny-pics.jpg

Hornung418
05-15-2018, 06:38 AM
Found her!

They're unloading a bunch of 2018 Civics right now.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/4558143fea412fb6bd80f59e8d4d4e6d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/80115f1580fb590e2c162d06ba22468a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/3cbd4ba4e821b0851cbadbad9e4b7e85.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/c846bb7cb3413b015b447c4c7e74b6e1.jpg

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 06:44 AM
That is so cool! Thanks Justin!

Hmmm... Civics from Germany?

704sw
05-15-2018, 06:55 AM
At first I thought you were showing pictures of CRVs and making fun of how big Civics are getting...or a jab at how in 5 years the Civic will probably be a crossover (yea I’m looking at you, Mitsubishi, very angrily)...

haha! That makes me think of myth busters....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/82/ee/91/82ee91c090f6999d121401b23d19145e--so-funny-funny-pics.jpg

Haha nice. That show was so entertaining.

Karl Lazlo
05-15-2018, 06:58 AM
This is more nail-biting than pressing F5 on a UPS shipment...

704sw
05-15-2018, 07:06 AM
This is more nail-biting than pressing F5 on a UPS shipment...

Or Command-R for us Holier Than Thou (read: pretentious) people lol.

Karl Lazlo
05-15-2018, 07:12 AM
I'm a Mac user but not holier than thou. I'm an asshole, not pretentious.

704sw
05-15-2018, 07:16 AM
I'm a Mac user but not holier than thou. I'm an asshole, not pretentious.

I think you just described me pretty well, too.

san
05-15-2018, 07:25 AM
That is so cool! Thanks Justin!

Hmmm... Civics from Germany?

I know a few civics are made in the UK. Maybe the vessel picks up cargo from different countries?

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 07:34 AM
That makes sense now San...

cornercarver
05-15-2018, 08:50 AM
I've seen a couple of M2's in the last few days now that the weather is better and people are driving the 'nice' car to work.

I'm really liking the way they look/ sound. In some ways they're better than the M3/M4. I think you are (Kpro is) going to be really happy with this purchase. The M2 is definitely on my radar as a candidate for a future used car purchase, that is, if they don't go the way of the 1M.

Sockethead
05-15-2018, 10:12 AM
She better be happy lol, I gave up replacing the boat for this.

derbo
05-15-2018, 05:26 PM
I know a few civics are made in the UK. Maybe the vessel picks up cargo from different countries?

The new Hatchbacks are built in UK. I own one a daily :D

Sockethead
05-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Looks like the boat is going to Brunswick then will swing back to Charleston for the last stop. That way when they offload in Charleston, the boat will be empty to load all the cars coming by train from Spartanburg, for the return trip to Europe. Kristen's car will make the train ride back to Spartanburg for the performance center delivery... that's my best guess.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/3590a6e5101a63994bf7c9d885713cdb.jpg

Johnmadd
05-17-2018, 03:16 PM
This is so awesome, I would have no fingernails at this point!

ZHPizza
05-17-2018, 06:12 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying the adventure. You better be at the harbor when they unload it!

johnrando
05-17-2018, 06:14 PM
That would be cool!

Sockethead
05-17-2018, 07:29 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying the adventure. You better be at the harbor when they unload it!

That would be cool!

Yea this is really fun being able to track the whole process... who knew!
I think Kristen is planning on going. IDK if they'll let her leave for that. The dock where all of the vehicle carriers unload is right next to the Ravenel bridge. Not hard to get to from her work or home.

Sockethead
05-18-2018, 04:48 AM
Looks like my hunch was right... next stop Charleston! (US CHS)

Sockethead
05-19-2018, 08:39 AM
The boat is on it's way to Charleston. it's about to hit open water. We're hoping it's a sunny day tomorrow so we can see it by boat!

Sockethead
05-19-2018, 09:01 PM
They're docking it in Charleston right now. here's a pic of the two tugs docking it. The second pic is from google earth. Ironically, the Florida Highway's sister ship the Horizon Highway is docked at port in the picture...

ZHPizza
05-20-2018, 04:45 AM
Get out there and get arrested for trespassing!

Sockethead
05-20-2018, 08:04 AM
Not bloody likely!

Had to cancel the boat trip. Weather is not cooperating

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/8474367fb3bd213daa666b5da7b1132a.jpg

Sockethead
05-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Yesterday we drove down to the pier but they were already loading cars back on the boat
Checked the status today and it's on the train to the performance center. It's been one month since the car was finished in production. Now we have to wait another month for the performance center delivery appointment . The dealership
Is trying to get it moved up for her.
She's thinking "all I want is my car!" and I'm thinking "damn, the ZHP has gotta be a DD for another month!" :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/bfa23b54b3ff8eecc7eb9fd6e2d98a7d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/2f51a613fa22d0710a8d0ecf0e702108.jpg

johnrando
05-21-2018, 08:25 PM
:)

3ZHPGUY
05-22-2018, 04:39 AM
Yesterday we drove down to the pier but they were already loading cars back on the boat
Checked the status today and it's on the train to the performance center. It's been one month since the car was finished in production. Now we have to wait another month for the performance center delivery appointment . The dealership
Is trying to get it moved up for her.
She's thinking "all I want is my car!" and I'm thinking "damn, the ZHP has gotta be a DD for another month!" :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/bfa23b54b3ff8eecc7eb9fd6e2d98a7d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/2f51a613fa22d0710a8d0ecf0e702108.jpg

Very Cool!

Sockethead
05-29-2018, 07:43 PM
Kristen just got her performance center delivery moved up to June 13th. Apparently, her dealership really wants her car on the books for the month of May, Ha!

derbo
05-30-2018, 07:08 AM
ahhh yeaaaaaaa

johnrando
05-30-2018, 07:23 AM
Gotta love it!

Sockethead
05-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Kristen officially bought her car today. The Hendrick employee discount was more than she thought.. she's getting it for a little more than an optioned out ZHP back in the day. Even the sales was asking if it was right or not :)

704sw
05-31-2018, 06:29 PM
Congrats! Gotta be weird to buy something you won’t see for another 2 weeks lol.

fredo
05-31-2018, 06:44 PM
Congrats ! Car will be on May books, as planned by dealer.

3ZHPGUY
05-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Congrats!

Karl Lazlo
05-31-2018, 07:02 PM
The Hendrick employee discount was more than she thought..

Does she have any lonely, desperate co-workers?

Newjack
05-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Does she have any lonely, desperate co-workers?Yeah no kidding. I'd lay pipe for a free oil change hmu

slater
05-31-2018, 07:54 PM
Kristen officially bought her car today. The Hendrick employee discount was more than she thought.. she's getting it for a little more than an optioned out ZHP back in the day. Even the sales was asking if it was right or not :)

wow, that's quite a discount......

can you order another? ;) ;) ;)

704sw
05-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Yeah no kidding. I'd lay pipe for a free oil change hmu

Truly poetic. Is that Shakespeare?

cakM3
06-01-2018, 02:50 AM
Congrats to Kristen on her new M2 Rob :thumbsup Looking forward to pics of Kristen's new car! :)

az3579
06-01-2018, 03:41 AM

Holy shit that is cheap...

Sockethead
06-01-2018, 05:52 AM
I'm pretty happy about it.... I wasn't too keen on her buying a new car in the first place :)
12 more days!

johnrando
06-01-2018, 06:50 AM
I'll take one please! :)

Newjack
06-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Holy shit that is cheap...

fwiw the 135i brand new was cheaper than my current zhp brand new

Rob I'm happy for you guys and can't wait to see the pictures once it comes in.

danewilson77
06-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk+1

NoVAphotog
06-03-2018, 05:09 AM

Me too!

SaltyNC
06-07-2018, 02:53 AM
I've been away awhile with a project, and thought I'd check to see if the new car had arrived. Very cool tracking, and congrats on the deep discount.

Sockethead
06-07-2018, 05:59 AM
Thanks! The car is at the warehouse at the Performance center. Not much to report after the boat arrived and it took it's train ride to Spartanburg.
The performance center delivery includes a hotel room the night before so we're going to try and get out of work early to take advantage of that. I though it would be cool to take the ZHP up there but they pick you up at the hotel via shuttle so no ZHP at the performance center but it should be a fun ride home!

We pick it up next Wednesday!

3ZHPGUY
06-07-2018, 06:36 AM
So close but, so far!

Just finishing up the Big Trip plans and we’ll be at Zentrum, July 10th. Had to flip the trip rout, it’s closed for the week of the 4th.

Sockethead
06-07-2018, 06:46 AM
I don't know what that is but I guess we'll find out :)

3ZHPGUY
06-07-2018, 01:09 PM
I don't know what that is but I guess we'll find out :)

https://www.bmwusfactory.com/zentrum/general-information/zentrum-information/

johnrando
06-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Cool. Soon!

derbo
06-08-2018, 07:29 PM
I can't wait for your post with lots of details and pictures! :)

Sockethead
06-09-2018, 07:04 AM
Lol yea I have to clean out my phone. Cver 5k pictures and 800 videos of the kids. Can't get the phone to connect to my PC anymore... I know what's going to happen... in the middle of the first video, the phone is going to say it's full. :mad

az3579
06-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Can't get the phone to connect to my PC anymore...

You must have an iPhone. [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sockethead
06-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Yep! I love my iPhone but absolutely hate it file management or should I say lack of file management

Sockethead
06-12-2018, 05:00 PM
The menu at the hotel:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/9a66f26c6b7a861ca723995499fa4061.jpg

704sw
06-12-2018, 05:21 PM
The chicken, salmon, and ravioli all sound friggin’ delicious.

san
06-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Oh that’s right, tomorrow is the day isn’t it! Need many pics [emoji51]

Sockethead
06-12-2018, 06:17 PM
I had the salmon... The wife is tipsy... A bunch of German guys walk by speaking German one guy has Sven on his shirt...we're getting in the elevator. Kristen yells "goodnight Sven" in German :facepalm

ZHPizza
06-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Guten Nacht Sven!

Sockethead
06-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Pretty much what it sounded like to me lol

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 04:39 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/1fe50fdf5a8eab549af4bb7fd18e0d00.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/4ed1ace7ba49eb6a2e122e7b8c9d97b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/af95d6b22c87c21f0fd707f4053b2114.jpg

704sw
06-13-2018, 04:44 AM
Damn I’m excited for you guys! I have a long conference call today, so I’ll be checking back for pictures regularly.

derbo
06-13-2018, 05:21 AM

YES

Johnmadd
06-13-2018, 06:01 AM
Ahhhh yeah!

san
06-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Keep’em coming Rob [emoji2]

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 09:35 AM
My phone is almost dead. I'll have to do a photo dump later.
That's her car in the entrance to the performance center! :) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/9dc85aeb23e444abd82f7c05161ec54a.jpg

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 09:38 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/e768be6235b87a369026469c43f634de.jpg

It's got a ZHP knob!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/93faa37b0b289d09e8b3408c2367a19c.jpg

704sw
06-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Is it illuminated like the F10?

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 09:46 AM
No

fredo
06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Looks great !

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/dffa58cd837e3ca38f585551c77ec151.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/5f32bf3213c3a638e897e29fd2f4252e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/c9688fd171651bde44bf44ca2ad46dd0.jpg

Vas
06-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Congrats.

Johnmadd
06-13-2018, 10:25 AM
Looks AWESOME!

BMWCurves
06-13-2018, 10:44 AM
She got a nice booty

Hornung418
06-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Yaaaaaaaasssssssss kween!

704sw
06-13-2018, 11:04 AM
She got a nice booty

C U R V Y

az3579
06-13-2018, 11:14 AM
OMG dat color

Karl Lazlo
06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Awesome! Now I can steal the photo and show my friend with the same model and color that the M2 is a "GIRL'S CAR." I may see him next week...

LOL.

cakM3
06-13-2018, 12:31 PM
Congrats Kris! That's a beautiful M2 you have there :thumbsup

slater
06-13-2018, 12:44 PM
congrats guys! that's awesome. love it. want it.

Newjack
06-13-2018, 01:42 PM
She got a nice booty

C U R V Y

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TanAccurateBear-max-14mb.gif

I'm so happy for you guys! That license plate looks familiar too!

Hey if you can, take a picture of the rear end from the side. As in facing one of the doors to see the profile, its so aggressive!

cornercarver
06-13-2018, 02:10 PM
Congrats - looks awesome. I want one!

Worst part about buying a new performance car like this is the break-in period! Must be so hard to not go WOT every time you get a chance.

Sockethead
06-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Kristen says "thanks everyone!"
She say she accidentally went over the 5.5k RPM limit once. The break in is not over 5.5k or 106 MPH
Ray, I took that pic with you in mind haha. Kristen lol'd when she read that.

We're about 1/2 way back. We stopped at the BMWCCA headquarters and took a tour of their 2002 display and the Zentrum before heading back.
I'll post more about the day when we get home!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/4ffa724a0bc2f4fb8272d8e6c5d6cabd.jpg

Sockethead
06-14-2018, 04:54 PM
First tank of fuel and gloss black performance grills installedhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/c7fb8bc258cbe5cbadfcfda63a858060.jpg

cakM3
06-14-2018, 05:25 PM
and the mods start..... :drevil

Hornung418
06-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Looks sharp!

704sw
06-14-2018, 06:24 PM
I see LBB is among the list of BMW blues that change a lot under various lighting. Grilles look good.

Newjack
06-14-2018, 06:53 PM
I see LBB is among the list of BMW blues that change a lot under various lighting. Grilles look good.

Not as much as struchktural blaugh

Sockethead
06-15-2018, 07:02 AM
More stuff installed last night:

M puddle lights

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/ff04bc271e8ed1129ab6ea05ce4e2c0c.jpg

CF mirror covers. These are like the ones that come on the M3 & M4. They have the little wings on the inside part. I'm still deciding if I like them but it's her car, I'm just the tech lol. Actually, she had passenger mirror shell off and the new one on before me... Ha! Funny how motivated she is when it's her car!

I'll get a shot of the whole car with the new shells later. It looks much better than just a single shot of the door

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/d39bab2e8fbafe8cad7d3ad1f6ef6b00.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/a264909c41c7104b52ad779dd78857f1.jpg

san
06-15-2018, 07:07 AM
CF mirror caps look great!

fredo
06-15-2018, 07:24 AM
... The break in is not over 5.5k or 106 MPH ...

This new owner didn't hear that. He was driving 160 MPH on his brand new 335is (323 miles on the clock).

san
06-15-2018, 07:50 AM
This new owner didn't hear that. He was driving 160 MPH on his brand new 335is (323 miles on the clock).

He must’ve leased it lol

Sockethead
06-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Lol for sure

BMWCurves
06-15-2018, 09:13 AM

See also: seemingly everyone that has a loaner from my local BMW dealership.

Newjack
06-15-2018, 10:30 AM
I really like those CF mirror caps