Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OEM BMW Aux Hookup Volume Issue

I recently installed the BMW aux kit in my ZHP.

It is a 2005 with NAV.

Is it normal for the aux volume to be very soft? I noticed I have to turn the volume up VERY high compared to the radio or a CD. And by turning it up that high, the sound quality is just awful. I checked all connections, and the volume on my phone. Im using an iPhone5 if that matters.

Is this just how it is? Anyone know whats going on here? I had the aux cable in my 2004 E46 a couple years back, no NAV, and I dont remember it being like this.

Thanks!
    -Dan

I think I have to do the same thing when I switch to AUX. My phone volume is all the way up. When I switch to AUX mode I have to turn it up on via the steering wheel controls too. I dont think it sounds bad, but I wish the volume accross all the various modes would be consistent.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post

It is a 2005 with NAV.

Is it normal for the aux volume to be very soft? I noticed I have to turn the volume up VERY high compared to the radio or a CD. And by turning it up that high, the sound quality is just awful. I checked all connections, and the volume on my phone. Im using an iPhone5 if that matters.

Is this just how it is? Anyone know whats going on here? I had the aux cable in my 2004 E46 a couple years back, no NAV, and I dont remember it being like this.

Thanks!
    -Dan
    Are you already at the highest gain for the AUX on the nav? I don't remember 100% how to do it on a nav anymore but I think you have to select the AUX and CD 1-6 buttons adjusts the gain level of the AUX.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Are you already at the highest gain for the AUX on the nav? I don't remember 100% how to do it on a nav anymore but I think you have to select the AUX and CD 1-6 buttons adjusts the gain level of the AUX.
    this may be my issue. I wasnt aware of that. I will try playing around with it!
    thanks

that should do it. i don't have the factory NAV, but i was able to adjust the AUX level on my business CD player, so i imagine the same can be done for the NAV unit.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    that should do it. i don't have the factory NAV, but i was able to adjust the AUX level on my business CD player, so i imagine the same can be done for the NAV unit.

peter
    yes I remember that with my E46 that didnt have NAV. I wish I didnt have NAV sometimes..
    I will try it when I am back in town Monday. Currently in Trois Pistoles, Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post

It is a 2005 with NAV.

Thanks!
    -Dan
    Dan,
    When you're in AUX the numbers indicating which CD you want to select on the left side of the Navi screen becomes your audio level. It is in 6 steps with 6 being the loudest setting. Give it a try. I accidently discovered this a few weeks ago and tend to keep my stereo at the 5th level in loudness. Exactly what Derek posted above (post #3)

oh my god! If that works you guys will make me so happy! I will be trying this as soon as I get back from Los Angeles next week.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    oh my god! If that works you guys will make me so happy! I will be trying this as soon as I get back from Los Angeles next week.
    Then be ready to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Dan,
    When you're in AUX the numbers indicating which CD you want to select on the left side of the Navi screen becomes your audio level. It is in 6 steps with 6 being the loudest setting. Give it a try. I accidently discovered this a few weeks ago and tend to keep my stereo at the 5th level in loudness. Exactly what Derek posted above (post #3)
    THANK YOU! Awesome news.

...your M3 is stunning, by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast