Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OE nav units

OE nav units

guys with OE nav units: how do you like them?

I've never had the chance to see/play with an OE unit in an e46.

how hard of a swap is this into our cars?
    does it have iPod control through it with interface setups from DICE/BAV/etc.?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

To be perfectly honest, if your car didn't come with the OE Nav, don't retrofit this into your car. Send Gary (WOLFN8TR) or Tony (Tnhl1989) a PM, they have a much better solution in my honest opinion. In fact, I wish I could go the route they went....

Here's Gary's thread... check it out http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11597-Eonon-GM5150

To answer your question, the OE Nav is okay but does not have any of the latest functionalities....no backup camera, no bluetooth streaming.....

I would say not to do it unless you really want a OE look. Every aftermarket unit now is showing a lot of promise and I would recommend those. Of course no one really got CarPlay to work yet but I'm sure a few years and we should have one. Either way go with eonon which is on the cheaper side or avin which is full android base. Install is easy and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I would say not to do it unless you really want a OE look. Every aftermarket unit now is showing a lot of promise and I would recommend those. Of course no one really got CarPlay to work yet but I'm sure a few years and we should have one. Either way go with eonon which is on the cheaper side or avin which is full android base. Install is easy and quick.
    X2...

Go with the Eonon GM5150 or the Avin Avant-2, the Eonon is $350 and the Avin is $700. I have the GM5150 and it's a nice unit but it does have a few glitches. I really liked it when I had my iPhone 4 but my iPhone 6 doesn't work with it.

GM5150

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1021797

AVIN

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1029938

Eonon
    Check out the New GA5150 Android unit!

http://www.eonon.com/searchResulter....r=1&txtKey=BMW

Quote Originally Posted by ericcameron View Post
    FOR SALE EONON GM 5150

285$ US plus 20$ shipping
    Eonon gm5150. Complete. A1 shape. No scratches. IGO 8 NAV +sd 8gig
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1059801
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I vote for AVIN simply because it has great support (from Giya's experience) and it's running Android Jelly Bean. I hope they make a 5.0 lollipop variant :D

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    X2...

Go with the Eonon GM5150 or the Avin Avant-2, the Eonon is $350 and the Avin is $700. I have the GM5150 and it's a nice unit but it does have a few glitches. I really liked it when I had my iPhone 4 but my iPhone 6 doesn't work with it...
    That's nice to know Gary

It sucks.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    That's nice to know Gary
    +1 and good advice above. I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. And the NAV in hte OE is not that great. Just use your phone... The units above are good options for an upgraded headunit without many mods and that still looks acceptable.

OEM nav is pretty useless, IMO. It's outdated, looks like crap, and there are better aftermarket alternatives.

I do really like the iDrive nav in the E9x facelift cars and Fx cars though; those work extremely well in the very few times I've gotten a chance to use them. Too bad we can't get the OEM nav to be like that...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    OEM nav is pretty useless, IMO. It's outdated, looks like crap, and there are better aftermarket alternatives.
    I agree that there are better aftermarket alternatives but for those who have OEM Nav in their cars, this is the only solution at the moment.

I disagree that the OEM Nav looks like crap....that's a subjective statement. The display in my OEM Nav doesn't particularly bother me...I'm okay with it. Not all dislike the OEM Nav BP... however with that said, I would venture to say that the majority of BMW owner's out there would rather have something much more current in their E46's....I would like to have a backup camera integrated with my Nav... maybe even Bluetooth streaming....but then I would have to most likely look for an alternative setup that have these features and will actually work and provide me "full functionality".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast