Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    nike001 Guest

Help with Suspension Overhaul

Alright, so I'm 99% sure that my rear suspension is done for. Now I'm shopping around for a new set-up. I'm about set on the H&R Sport Cup Kit. Are there any other parts that I should look into getting? I already know/plan on getting the reinforcement plates from turner for the front, should I get the rear as well? Any other bushings or mounts that I should get as well? I have limited knowledge when it comes to suspension components so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dalton

Depending on the mileage, RTABs may need to be replaced. I'd also do rear shock mounts and consider the front control arm bushings, again depending on mileage.
    Heard good things about the sport cup kit too...

nike001 Guest
    ~117,500 miles. Also, my FCAB's were done last summer.

RSM / FSM.

May want to pick up the ECS HD kit with includes Meyle HD RSM's and plates.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Usually the RTAB of the newer facelifted sedans are the updated trailing arms bushings. I haven't seen the RTAB go out on many of them around here. You can inspect them with a flashlight when you jack up the rear.

Since you are set on what struts/springs you want, I would suggest rear strut mounts for the rear. Turner or Ground Control or RE or Vorshlag all sell a upgraded RSM.

I use Ground Control RSM with my coilovers.

Instead of the front reinforcement plates, why not get a front strut bar. It does the same purpose but on the other side of the FSM plus gives you a little more rigidity in the front.

Keep in mind that the H&R kit wants you to use your existing mounts and requires disassembly of your original shocks. I personally like to buy new top hats so I can assemble the suspension prior to removal of the old one and do a swap-per-roo to minimize time on the the jackstands.

My strut tower cracked with a strut bar installed....just as an FYI. The TMS rough road kit and strut bar will prevent this.

BMW Reinforcement kit Installed by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thats rough dane. :X

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Thats rough dane. :X
    LOL...pics added :/

Re: the plates vs strut brace. They don't provide equal level of protection from cracking. You want the plates from underneath so that the force upwards is spread around the entire (or almost entire) area inside the tower. With the strut brace you are simply adding an extra layer on the top that might resist the crack to get pushed up more but the formation of the crack will not be prevented.
    2004 ZHP * IMOLAROT II * OEM Clears * ///M Strut * CoolantSnitch

nike001 Guest
    Okay so:
    -Front & Rear strut mounts
    -Front & Rear reinforcement plates
    -RTABs

That sound about right? Also, I never fully "believed" that a strut brace/bar does anything noticeable to the car that it's installed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast