Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should I buy? (Hotchkis sways)

I feel that this is a good deal and shouldn't be passed, but I was wondering what the family thought? I know Chirs (Hokie) had these on the ZHP and seemed to really like them. The more important question is what does everyone think about needing to get the new endlinks? Seems like I may be able to get them from hotchkiss cheap/free.

Any thoughts?

http://nceuro.org/forums/viewtopic.p...cb944c6d1af2a1
    Last edited by PirateZHP; 09-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Great deal, grab um and just get some adjustable end links from Turner if hotchkis won't replace for free.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

that is cheap!

Wow, great deal. Wish I'd seen that one before buying my new Hotchkis front sway from BimmerWorld. AFAIK, they don't come with front swaybar links, only rear links. At least my front bar didn't come with links. I used stock end-links for a week without any funny noises, then put on Ground Control adjustable end-links. In my case, using stock end links would only work on softest setting for the front bar; choosing the middle or stiffer setting looked like it would make the bar ends hit something.

No need for adjustable end links unless yours are seized, or your car is lowered.

Just IMO. Sometimes the hassle isn't worth it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I'm not lowered. I just want to stiffen it up in the corners. Why do you think the endlinks are making that noise? Could it be car specific?

I have been in talks with him, so I may be coming home with some new sways!
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    *Amber Army*

Should I buy? (Hotchkis sways)

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    No need for adjustable end links unless yours are seized, or your car is lowered.

Just IMO. Sometimes the hassle isn't worth it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Correct.

My suggestion was based on if you're gonna buy why not set yourself up in case you ever do want to get lowered instead of having to buy new ones again?
    Price difference isn't that bad anyways.

Goin' HAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Seth,

Good advice. The guy is holding them until Friday when I can get to him and give him the money. I will check everything out. After talking with him, he said that it only makes a slight "popping" sound when going over speed bumps.

On top of that, I have already sent an email to Hotchkis whom I have read will replace them for free becuase they changed the type they were using. We will see if the happens or not. If so, I could have some Hotchkis sways for $200... which makes me happy.
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    *Amber Army*

... And how difficult are sways to install? I don't have a lift, but have access to jack stands. Is that enough?
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    *Amber Army*

Quote Originally Posted by PirateZHP View Post
    ... And how difficult are sways to install? I don't have a lift, but have access to jack stands. Is that enough?
    I can say that front is super easy diy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast