Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adaptive lights

Adaptive lights

Do you guys know if you can enable/disable adaptive lights behavior in LCM? or perhaps another module? Ever since I got my LCM 4.0, my head lights aren't moving when I turn so I figure it's just disabled since the car it came from probably didn't have this option. I just wanted to see if my assumption is valid.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

If the LCM you have didn't come from a car with adaptive headlights, then it's not going to work because there's circuitry inside of the LCM that makes the Adaptive portion work.

Do you have the part number? It will tell if this is the case.

I'm not sure if the halogen-equipped facelift coupes/verts had adaptive functionality or not. I know the Xenon ones did.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sent from outer space...
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Didn't think there were halogen equipped facelift coupes...weren't they all 2.5 inch bi-xenons?

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Didn't think there were halogen equipped facelift coupes...weren't they all 2.5 inch bi-xenons?

Sent from my GS3.
    There existed halogen facelifted cars. It was kinda weird but they do exist, they had projectors but were non-xenon.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...07&hg=63&fg=05

No. Description Supplement Qty From Up To Part Number Price Notes Photo

01 Headlight left, turn indicator yellow 1 03/2003 63126920605 $425.62 +core
    01 Headlight right, turn indicator yellow 1 03/2003 63126920606 $425.62 +core
    01 Left headlight, white turn indicator 1 03/2003 63127165907 $442.64 +core
    01 Right headlight, white turn indicator 1 03/2003 63127165908 $442.64 +core

Sorry to hear that but I'm betting it's because it wasn't from a facelift coupe. That was why I questioned whether your lights were still swiveling last week. Like I said........I'm beginning to think it might just be easier to go with a new one.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...381#post302381

It look like this must be the one you have......

http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...&siteid=215771

Don't mean to thread jack but on the subject of the adaptive lights, has anyone had theirs stop swiveling from parts failure yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If the LCM you have didn't come from a car with adaptive headlights, then it's not going to work because there's circuitry inside of the LCM that makes the Adaptive portion work.

Do you have the part number? It will tell if this is the case.

I'm not sure if the halogen-equipped facelift coupes/verts had adaptive functionality or not. I know the Xenon ones did.
    This isn't true; it's not the same as autoleveling LCMs. On cars with adaptive headlights, the vertical and horizontal adjustment is handled by separate modules which the LCM communicates with over the K-bus (or maybe the CAN bus). Even a halogen LCM would work fine in this case (in fact, the adaptive LCMs are electrically identical to halogen LCMs, save for the switch with the green LED). If it's not working, it wasn't coded properly.

If the LCM was coded before you got it, I'm guessing the person who coded it did not add $524 to the VO/FA

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    This isn't true. The adaptive functionality is handled by a different module, which the LCM communicates with over the K-bus. Even a halogen LCM would work fine in this case (in fact, the adaptive LCMs are electrically identical to halogen LCMs, save for the switch with the green LED). If it's not working, it wasn't coded properly.
    Yeah I learned this info this past weekend. What I said is stuff I've read online in other places numerous times and did not realize it was false info. Thanks for the correction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast