Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 120 of 823 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 8230

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    It makes 100% sense that the end of the spring should fit into that notch.

So why are so many cars, including low mileage OEM cars (like my dad's) not up to spec? What causes them to pop out?
    It's possible that when they are jacked up and the steering is turned, the springs have low enough tension to twist out of position. Only a guess on my part.

Sent from iPad Mini

Here is link for 325Ci (suspension is the same, 325 is selected from my bookmarks, was lazy to change) from TIS and they are only mentioning upper end of coil and alignment to stop of spring pad. I'm also positive that only upper end must be resting on stop of pad and not the lower. So, stephenkirsh's spring is OK.

http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/3_se...ber/page_1487/

Anyone ever get a tin sound when turning right and right after releasing the e-brake? It sounds like maybe the e-brake is slightly loose and rubbing when turning (a tin sound that has the wom wom wom sound...rubbing in a turn).

That's a new one on me and I feel like I've experience a large catalog of sounds/common failures on my car

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

I lost a rivet when attaching the 'heat shield' back to my car body. I can't find what this rivet is. Anyone know? I'm attaching the overall view for reference and a zoomed in view. It's the one with the hole.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I lost a rivet when attaching the 'heat shield' back to my car body. I can't find what this rivet is. Anyone know? I'm attaching the overall view for reference and a zoomed in view. It's the one with the hole.

Sent from mobile
    I think I lost that one too haha. I just gave up on it tbh,

Quote Originally Posted by Taliben View Post
    I think I lost that one too haha. I just gave up on it tbh,
    Technically I lost the one that went to the firewall, but I used the 1 left for that. So, now I've got this one. Hopefully someone knows, I hate not having everything in place.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Technically I lost the one that went to the firewall, but I used the 1 left for that. So, now I've got this one. Hopefully someone knows, I hate not having everything in place.
    Fairly certain it's either 51718204904 or 51718215962.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Thanks! Hard to tell which. I'll roll the dice and get one of each since it's under $4.00 total.

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

My blower motor went when my car was in the shop 2 weeks ago. I had it replaced with a scrap yard unit immediately as I needed heat for an imminent road trip. I found out new X3 units (which are interchangeable) are $100. I paid $80 for the used one and I can return it within 2 weeks. What do? I've seen DIY time estimates go up to 6 hours but my tech took 40 minutes to do it...
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Page 120 of 823 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast