Alrighty:

So, forum member C00KIE M0NSTER approached me months ago about needing a car to model an E46 steering wheel for his new carbon fiber business. To my surprise, he is based out of Cincinnati. I happily obliged as the style of his product was something I had interest in for the last year or so. He came over and test fit a wheel on my car, and while it wasn't 100% my taste (nearly all of the wheel was carbon fiber), the fit and finish seemed to be excellent. We talked for a period of time and I settled for finding a suitable wheel core ($135 shipped) and had it drop shipped to his home.

As of the past few weeks, the project has been completed and the tentative plan is for him to come over and install the wheel tomorrow morning. He's going to be taking a few pictures and video of the operation of it all for his business, I will try to post some install photos and video of it working but this is what the end result was after our conversations regarding the spec that I wanted:

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr
by Jacob G., on Flickr

- ZHP steering wheel core
- OBD monitoring/shift light meter integrated
- tri-color stitching
- carbon fiber center trim
- updated M logo emblem on trim
- thicker padding from 3-9 o'clock to help keep the wheel looking more round with the thickness of the new steering wheel unit

(Bottom two "pictures" are actually videos if you click them, it should open a new window to the video)

I didn't go with CF on the circumference of the wheel because I enjoy the feel of the alcantara, plus there isn't any CF on the interior..........yet. To me, the full carbon look stood out too much. I'll write up a full review of the steering wheel after I get my hands on it and let you know what my final thoughts are on the finish/operation of the wheel itself. That being said, I'm eager to see if I'll be satisfied with the end result, the pictures look amazing.