Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    The DZ101 and StarSpecs are two drastically different tires.
    I had the DZ101's on my ZHP when I had it. I was very pleased with them. I can't give a great idea for how loud they were on the highway however, because my ZHP was......well.....deafening for lack of a better term.

And the StarSpecs are not what you want at all. They are not meant for daily driving.
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I am thinking of updating my tires. The PO put tires on it in January around 87,200 miles and the car now has 88,600 and some change.
    Apologies in advance if I missed something but why are you looking at new tires if yours are just 4 months old and have done only a thousand miles or so?

I just mounted a set of the Cont'l ExtremeContact DW. They don't have the grip of the Pilot Sports (v.1) I had previously but they're quiet and ride quality is good. IIRC, the wear rating is also a lot better on the DW's than on any version of the PS.

No worries. I want new tires because I like to pick the types of tires on my car, and I know there are better tires out there. This is the 3rd car I have bought with Kumhos on them, and they were ok while I had them, but when I got upgraded tires I could tell the difference.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

i can personally vouch for the DW's being the best value buy you'll find. For the price they beat anything on the road even close. No they aren't RE-11's but then again you're not paying for them nor does a ZHP need something that sticky IMO (unless you are s/c'd maybe). Plus with the treadwear north of 300... the value in them compared to similar stuff in the 200's is off the chart. Been happy with mine an plan on continuing to go back when worn out.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    i can personally vouch for the DW's being the best value buy you'll find. For the price they beat anything on the road even close. No they aren't RE-11's but then again you're not paying for them nor does a ZHP need something that sticky IMO (unless you are s/c'd maybe). Plus with the treadwear north of 300... the value in them compared to similar stuff in the 200's is off the chart. Been happy with mine an plan on continuing to go back when worn out.
    I agree, I really liked the DWs on my 5 series. I just looked and their treadwear rating is 340. The SuperSports are 300. I am not sure what kind of difference that would make in the real world, though.

I typically drive less than 5G a year too, so I think either tire would last me years.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

yeah I didn't know the SS were so high... its not a bad compairson now. I am used to comparing them to the PS2's which are like 220 (?) so its a no brainer there.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Check out the Falken FK-452's. I run them on my xi for summertime and love em. Their quiet and grippy. I have the Michelin Pilot Sports on the ZHP and wish I had the Falkens on there as well.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    yeah I didn't know the SS were so high... its not a bad compairson now. I am used to comparing them to the PS2's which are like 220 (?) so its a no brainer there.
    The SS is a bi compound where the outside is stickier while the inner tread is more focused on slower wear. I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

I think you can't go wrong with either tire dw or ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    The SS is a bi compound where the outside is stickier while the inner tread is more focused on slower wear. I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

I think you can't go wrong with either tire dw or ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are very different tires though. The SS are much grippier, but also a bit harsher and a bit louder. I personally love them, and I'm not a fan of Continental (*every* Continental tire I've ever tried ended up blowing out on me).

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I hope my DW's don't blow up on me. LOL. My tire pressure monitors will hopefully save me if that begins to happen. I love DW 's so far. They feel as grippy as what I used before. Toyo T1S,T1R, and Falken FK452's.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast